Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sorry for taking so long to update. Dylan is out of surgery and things went well. They did skin grafts on his arm, stomach and left thigh. They're saying now that he'll probably be there another week. He'll go back in the O.R. probably Wednesday to check those burns and maybe let him leave intensive care later in the week and go to regular pediatrics. Brandon and Emily have headed home to get some sleep so Jenn and Curt are with Dylan. Dylan is resting right now but hopefully he'll wake up this evening. I'll update later on with is progress for today.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Hang in there kids...another step towards recovery. whew...glad the surgery is over.
mom

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Gretchen! I'm so glad the surgery went well. He'll be home in no time! = )

jon and lori said...

Hi Emily and Brandon this is Lori Wheelwright (Porter) from high school. I checked Chy's blog and saw a comment on praying for your son. This must be amazingly hard. My husband and I are pediatric therapists and work with children that have been in accidents it is amazing how resilient they are. They are tuff little kids. I wish the best for you and will keep your family in our prayers.

Kim Rose said...

Thanks again for all of your comments. I am amazed at how quickly word spreads. What a blessing it is to have the internet as a way to communicate.
We are all so thankful for each of you and your love and support of Emily, Brandon and Dylan.
Oh.. and we need the recipes from the food that is bringing brought in. From what I understand it is amazing! Much better then fast food!

Kim Rose
Emily's big sister

Claudia said...

Hi,
Scott saw for the first time the pictures of Dylan, he didn't want to see him in pain. I went out to do my visiting teaching today and he told me that Dylan opened his eyes and he is doing better.
I am so happy that he is more alert and things are going well over there. Nobody likes trials but one thing is sure, that they really help us to become a new person. I know you have received the strength from God and I know He has something special for you guys in the future. Keep the spirit within you and you'll see amazing things in your lives.
The love of a Mother for her child is only comparable of the Love that Heavenly Father has for each one of us; this is why Motherhood is something sacred and very important.
Congrats Emily that you have been able to feel better and be strong. You are a good example for many of us.
A big kiss to Sweetie Dylan, we are so happy that he is getting better.
We'll keep you in your prayers and we send you our love and support.
LOve
Scott, Claudis & River Schmitt