Monday, April 21, 2008

Counting our Blessings

Thanks for being patient with us today. Katie was not able to update the blog so I am jumping in and updating for today. (This is Kim. The "older" sister in Idaho. We won't discuss how much older. Just remember that JEN is OLDER then me.)
Anyway, today we had a change of the guard. Brandons Dad flew home this morning. How grateful we are to him for coming and spending the past few days with Emily and Brandon. I know it meant the world to them. THANK YOU!
Jen also flew home. It worked out that her flight left at about 4:00 pm and Katie's came in at about 1:00 pm so the they were able to visit at the airport before Jen's flight. Poor Katie had a terrible flight and was very sick.
Dylan had a much better day. Emily was able to hold for about 4 hours. He was able to eat a bit more, listen to movies and even hold a few toys. He is responding to Emily which is a excellent sign. Emily asked him where his eyes were and he pointed to them. She asked him where her eyes were and he pointed to his Mama's eyes. Emily said he is very weak. When they had to move him back to his bed he cried. I am sure he is in enormous pain. They are keeping on top of his pain medication to insure his comfort.

I know there have been so many posts, comments, pictures these past few days. Thank you for checking the blog. What a blessing it is to have this as a way to communicate with each other!

I know that Emily and Brandon are simply taking each day. As hard as it is to see him in so much pain, we are reminded at how blessed we have been. We are so grateful for eternal families. So grateful for friends. So grateful for their amazing ward. So grateful for a loving Bishop who has been at their side. So grateful that he was protected from so many life threating injuries that could have been. So grateful for simple things like a phone call. A card. Flowers. The internet. Air travel. Food and SLEEP!

Katie is here for the week. The doctors have said the Dylan will have to be in the ICU until Thursday if all goes well. After which they will move him to the regular peds floor. He will remain there for another week. They don't want him to go home until all open wounds are healed for fear of infection. So.... we still have a LONG road but we are grateful for the improvements he has made.

Once Katie needs to leave we will change guard again. Brandon's Mom is coming then we will go from there. We all wish that we could be there with her but the last thing they need is 50 or so distraught family members!

We love each of you. Thank you again. We will post Tuesday!

5 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

Thanks for the update, Kim - is Brandon back at work this week?

Mason Family said...

Sounds like he will continue to get a little stronger everyday. We are missing you all so much and wish we could be there to hold your hand. Remember we love you and we'll talk soon.
Love,
Jeff & Christie

Amy said...

It's nice to know he is starting to respond and I'm sure he's so glad to have his Mommy with him. I don't want to bug anyone but wanted to send something to there house I was just wondering if someone could email me (barlowamy@yahoo.com) there address. Thanks Amy barlow

Terri said...

Thanks Kim...Hang in there kids. We love you.
Dale & Terri

petey said...

Brandon, Emily and Dylan:
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say how you all are a special part of my life. There is not a day that goes by when I don't think about you all. Ellen, the kids and I always and continually have the three of you in our prayers. If there is anything you all ever need please let us know.
Love and Prayers
Petey
p.s. Ashley starts high school next year at Hillcrest, boy we all are getting old!