This is Katie, Emily's sister updating her blog. For those that don't know, Dylan was hit by a car today. At this point, this is what I know as for his injuries. The bone between his elbow and shoulder is broken. His hip is fractured. He has burns on his stomach and broken fingers and bruising on the lungs. He was taken by ambulence to the hospital this morning around 11:30 ish and was in surgery at 2:00 working on his right hand and the burns. His right pinky finger may have to be amputated because after a long extensive surgery, they were unable to fix it. The surgeon has told them at this point that they don't have to decide right now if they are going to do that but they need to be thinking about it. Emily, Brandon, and Dylan have all received priesthood blessings and are definitely feeling your prayers. My sister Jenn and Brandon's dad are on their way and will be there tonight to be with them. Brandon and Emily are both very upset and need lots of support. Dylan has been intebaded (sp?) this entire time and will continue to receive help breathing until they are confident that his lungs are recovering. They are trying to keep him sedated but poor little Dylan keeps trying to wake up so they're struggling with that. I will keep her blog updated as much as possible and when I have new information. Right now, they've told her he will probably be there between 5-7 days. If you need to call me or need more info, my # is 770-386-4101. Thanks for all your prayers. I know Dylan was watched over and it's truly a blessing that he's alive.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I will definatly be praying and fasting for him. I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say God be with you.
Emily's big sister Kim checking in. THANK YOU for all of your love and support. I wish there was a way we could express our gratitude. It breaks our hearts that we are not all closer and can't be with them right now. Thank you for helping her today. Thank you for the meals. Thank you for the food, the prayers, everything. This is what life is about. Loving each other and taking care of each other. We will keep you all updated.
Kim Rose
Idaho
Thank you Katie. Their names have all been put on prayer rolls in several temples.
Shelly... you too. Hang in there. Know we love and appreciate you today. More then you will ever know!
Dylan has lots of angels watching over him, he's going to be just fine. There are more people here praying and caring about Emily and Brandon than they know. We love you guys!
Justin and I are also praying for you guys, We are going to the temple on Saturday and we will put your family on the prayer roll. We love you guys. Chy
I'm in shock! I live in Mesa right now and I am here for whatever needs to be done! Please, Katie, or Emily or whomever, call me and let me know what I can do to help! What hospital are they at? I can take in food, flowers, anything! Let me know what I can do! For now we will pray for Dylan, Emily, & Brandon! 623-628-3171-Nicole Wheeler Wood
Hey Guys I am so sorry to hear the news. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. Just reading about what happened has brought me to tears. You are in my prayers. I wish I could do more to help. I hate being so far away. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment