I have always known that I wanted to be a Mom, but it wasn't until I had Dylan that I realized it was my true calling in life. He has brought more joy, happiness, laughter and tears to our lives than I could have ever imagined. I remember when Dylan was born and the doctor placed him in my arms. I was overwhelmed with a great sense of peace. He was so close to my heart. I cried tears of joy. These last few weeks have almost felt like the day he was born all over again. How amazing is that! I was able to feel that sense of pure joy and gratitude to have such a sweet spirit in my life. When I was able to hold Dylan in my arms for the first time after the accident, that same sense of peace came over me. I look at him every second of each day and all I can do is say a silent prayer of thanks. What a powerful calling it is to be a parent and I am so very grateful that I have been so blessed.
I truly believe that the Lord does not give us anything that we cannot handle. He knows us. I have tried so hard to be strong like I know the Lord would want me to be. I have certainly had my moments of total break down, but I know I will be a stronger person after all of this.
I want my family to know how very much I love them. Jenn, you were there the night of Dylan's accident. You will never know the amount of comfort you brought to me. I love you! Grandpa Curt, Dylan loves you so very much. It has been so much fun to watch you with him. He knew you were there with him in the hospital, by his side. You brought more comfort to Brandon than you will ever know. Kate, what can I say, you are truly one of my best friend. I love you so much. Thank you for chatting with me, keeping my mind clear. Thank your for sticking up for me and Dylan to the not so friendly of hospital staff. : ) The rest of you, I love you all so much. Never under estimate the power of family. No matter how extended they are. We are so grateful to you all!
To our wonderful friends, we can't say thank you enough. Ross and Michelle, you have been the best neighbors anyone could ever ask for. We love you both so much. To all of you in the ward, the meals have been wonderful. The thoughts and prayers have been heard.
Dylan continues to improve everyday. He is trying to walk a little bit more each day and his pain is going down. His dressing changes are getting better. We go to the doctor tomorrow to see how his skin graphs have improved and what the next steps are. Let's hope Dylan can have a bath soon...that is what I am looking forward to! : )
You will notice that I changed the song again. This is called "Angel Eyes" by Jim Brickman. Jim Brickman has always calmed me. He is truly amazing. This song is so soothing and really hits home at the level of joy I have to have Dylan, my sweet angel and miracle in my life.
Good night.
Love, Emily
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
My thoughts for the night...
Posted by Stephens Family at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
I haven't heard this song in ages... I've got to find my cd somewhere. Love it - love you guys.
You made my morning Emily! Jim Brickman has always been one of my favorite musicans as well. LOVE HIM!! I'm so glad that Dylan is doing better and on his way to a FULL recovery~ love and miss you guys.
Way to start my morning with tears!
Jim Brickman is amazing. I have a couple of his albums. Very relaxing. Keep working on Dylan... we are waiting for him to come home!
I'm really anxious to hear what the doctor says tomorrow. I wish I could go with you. I really think his grafts are looking good, the big question is that leg and that one spot on his arm but I really think they'll be fine. I'll call you this afternoon after you get home.
Your an awesome mommy Emily! It's always good to hear your thoughts, thanks for giving my morning a great start, and your right the Lord only gives us what we can handle it's just how we handle it that counts! You guys are doing perfect.
You don't know me, but I have been following Dylan's story because I saw what happened on Katies blog. I want you to know that everytime I read one of your posts, it makes me cry. I am so glad that Dylan is home and recovering, ya'll are in our prayers.
oh im so glad he is home and doing so much better! please please please dont be shy to call us if you need anything! we are only one street away!! :)
Well....I thought maybe I was out of tears but NOPE...I am so glad that things are getting a little easier day by day. GREAT JOB Emily and Brandon. I cant wait to hear Dylan Laugh. See you soon.
Emily I think through this you have shown us all what a great mom you are and how much you care. I love your songs they touch my heart everytime. Thanks for reminding us all what life is really about. Good Luck at the Doctors.
So, I was blog hopping and found this quote. I have no idea whose blog it was on so I can't give credit-
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
Thought that might hit home!
I might have to stop reading your blog if you keep making your big sister cry!! By the way, wonderful quote Mindy. Thank you for posting it.
Post a Comment