Thursday, May 8, 2008

New songs...

Okay, I know I know, I am a dork. But, as I have said before, I find so much comfort in music and had to find a song that would help me better explain the roller coaster of emotions I am going through. Each day with Dylan continues to get easier and harder all at the same time. The more active he is, the more frustrated he gets. He wants so badly to take his cast off. He can't find comfort sleeping in his crib and doesn't want to just sit in his Lightning bed anymore. So basically, the poor guy just rolls around on the floor until he finally falls asleep. I am so tired, but yet feel guilty for feeling tired because I know Dylan really is the one suffering.

The song Stand by Rascal Flatts has always been one of my favorites. The words really are powerful and hit it right on the head as to how I am feeling. I continue to try and be strong. I have moments where I just don't know if I can do it anymore. That is when I get on my knees, wipe my hands and stand! This whole experience has definitely been a true test of what Brandon and I are made of.

Okay, enough complaining...

My next new song is also by Rascal Flatts. Something more upbeat and what better than Life is a Highway...Dylan's very favorite! Life is a Highway...isn't that that truth. Sometimes you are going straight, with the your final destination in sight and then all of a sudden the road takes a surprising turn. Eventually though, we will get back to our straight path and Dylan will be 100%.

Who knew I could learn so much about determination, patience, perseverance and optimism from my 17 month old. He is so strong and so brave. I never knew I could love someone this much!

Anyway, that is my story for today! Off to the doctor to get Dylan's cast adjusted again!

Love,

Emily

7 comments:

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I can't even begin to emagine how this accident has impacted your family. You know I thought when the kids would fall and get scraped up it was the end of the world but all of your happenings have really set things straighter for me:) We make Gavin hold our hand in any parking lot, side walk, etc... that we journey down each day. He doesn't like it but tuff. It is just been such a big eye opener for so many people I think and it is terrible it had to take an accident like this to make us all much more aware of our children but they say things happen for a reason:) So so so glad things are improving, we think about you guys every day.
Love, Michele

Rebecca said...

Keep up the good work... and attitude! You guys are incredible.

Mindy said...

Just another thought I saw...

When life is too much to stand, kneel.

Amberly said...

you're completely amazing.

Natalie said...

Music is the greatest isn't it? I could listen to it all day.
xoxoxo

Chy said...

Cooper LOVES LOVES the "Cars song" Life is a Highway. We have to crank it in the car when it comes on -so he can sing! I love the music picks, so true on both songs. So when in the heck is he going to get that dang cast off! Poor kid! Poor Emily! Things do happen for a reason dont they:) And we never realize why until after, somtimes WAY after. You guys are doing great!
-Are you guys going to IF for the 4th of July? We are undecided but if we both make it to IF we all need to go to lunch.

Amy said...

Em I know you are stronger than you think. Were do you think Dylan gets it from. Hope his nights get better poor guy. Have a better day tomorrow.