Well, I am not sure if folks are still checking the blog for Dylan updates...but I'll give you one anyway. Wait, there is not much to report...this is GREAT!!! I like being able to say that things are pretty normal. Well, expect for the extreme lack of sleep! Dylan has not been sleeping hardly at all due to 1. an uncomfortable cast that he is SOOOO ready to come off 2. two new molars that are coming in (honestly, what kind of timing is that??!!) 3. hot sweats and nightmares 4. fear of being alone in crib. This all breaks my heart because Dylan was such a great sleeper! But, we knew there would be some set backs and changes in behavior, so we will work through it. Thank goodness for Grandmas who are willing to wake up early with Dylan and let me actually get a few hours of shut-eye.
OH, Grandma Stephens is now gone. : ( We miss her and love her! Thanks Suzanne for all your help!
Nana is now here! She is GREEEEAAATTT!! She came bearing all sorts of treats and goodies for the kids (that would be Dylan and the dog) and has already cleaned my entire house just about. : )
Other than that, we are just going day-by-day. We will see the orthopedic surgeon next week to see how his arm is healing. Then, back to the hand doctor to see the continued improvement on his graphs. He will also make a more final assesment of Dylan's finger. It still has the pin in it and will need to come out soon. We really don't know what the next step will be. It all depends on how the finger has been healing and if the bone has grown on its own.
Hope you are all well and of course, thanks for the continued love and support.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Hump Day Update
Posted by Stephens Family at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Yes we are still checking for Dylan's progress! It's great to hear that things are pretty normal! Sorry about the sleeping thing, that I am sure gets really hard. we are glad to hear things are going well!
This is your best post yet! No news is good news sometimes!Enjoy your grandmas Dylan!
I'm sure people will always check for updates- he is the cutest kid! Tell Brandon he needs to update Dylans blog- it is so funny! Thanks for answering my question, but what I am really having trouble with is getting the video from my camera to the computer (We just got a computer and I am STUPID when it comes to computers!) Hang in there!
Sometimes no news is good news! Hang in there. He will start sleeping soon. He is a amazing kid!
I'm glad to hear life is "normal" although I am sure it is a new kind of normal. Sorry to hear about the nightmares --- that's so sad for such a little guy! I love his haircut though...it makes him look so grown up!
Yup, I do check daily for Dylan updates.....don't all of the Toombs sisters blog daily anyway.)
love ya
I now have a blog so i can comment...
you guys are so lucky to have wonderful people in your family that came here to help, love, and comfort you. just wanted you to know that I check for updates everyday. I am glad that it is getting back to normal. Emily you are an AMAZING mother. I look up to you so much. You and your family are loved by so many... :)
It was a pleasure to spend the time with you guys - helping with the healing process - our talks - my morning strolls and evening walks with Dylan! Being with him when he decided to walk on his own!
Love you guys and miss you much!
Post a Comment