Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Making a move...

To OREGON! Yes, that is right. But only for a couple months. Brandon was recently promoted at work to a Project Executive overseeing all of Rosendin's (that is his electrical company's name) work they do for Intel. I have to brag about him a bit...he is just too dang smart and is really going places! : ) They have 4 Intel sites they are currently doing work on - here, New Mexico, Santa Clara and Oregon. He has had to make frequent trips to New Mexico and was actually in Oregon the day Dylan got hurt. Well, Oregon's office recently got a great big job and needs to have more oversight. That would be Brandon.

So, rather than dealing with him traveling back and forth for 2 months, his company is going to rent us a furnished apartment and move us there. Brandon will drive with Abby and I get to take the nice easy flight...with an 18 month old! I am really excited! The apartment we are living in is in Hillsboro, OR which is outside of Portland. It is in a fun little neighborhood with shopping, walk paths, dog parks, etc. It has a pool...although I hope it gets warm enough for us Arizonians to swim in and not freeze. We are however, looking forward to escaping the heat for a bit and experiencing a different climate.

Grandma and Grandpa Stephens also live close to Portland so we are very much excited to spend some time with them and use their babysitting services from time to time. Do you think Brandon and I could use a weekend away? I think so!!

Anyway, I hope it works out well and isn't too much trouble. Wish us luck!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, what a summer you will have!! Sounds like fun! :) We actually lived in Hillsboro! It really is a cute little town....lots of fun shops and tons to do! Just don't expect the heat like you have in Arizona...but the summers there are still beautiful!!Make sure while you are there to take Dylan to the Portland Children's Musuem...it is amazing and he will love it! And they have the best zoo there too! Anyways, let me know if you need anything once you are there... I have a couple of friends that are still there, and I am also on an moms email list for over there!! Ok...enough rambling! have a good night!!
Jaclyn

Terri said...

Its okay if you brag on Brandon,,:)
I only wish there was an Intel job in I.F. Oregon will be a fun adventure
Miss you guys horribly. Thank goodness for pics.
Love Mom

Chy said...

I'm getting excited just reading this! You guys will have a blast and some much needed Emily and Brandon time once and awhile! Hopefully we can meet up sometime?!?! We are looking for a car so maybe I'll explore and see if there is anything in Oregan. There's nothing here in little Walla Walla;)I am a BIG fan of the show "Little People Big World" I'm a nerd I know- it's a good family show. Anyway they live in Oregon You should see how far they are from you and visit the "Roloff Farm"

Mindy said...

Congrats to Brandon (and you, his supportive wife!) I just wanted to tell you I admire you more than ever today. My daughter had her tonsils out this morning and I was a nervous wreck. The whole time I was thinking about you and how you must have felt through all of Dylan's surgeries. I can't even imagine the emotions you've had to deal with over the last month. I actually cried for you all over again. (I know. I need to go on meds!) What's the latest on Dylan's pinky? Will you be all done with doctors when you move?

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Is this anywhere near Ashland or Central Point?? My sister lives there. It is beautiful and she loves it. Tons of lakes and lots of trees!

Carling Family said...

That sounds like alot of fun. I bet you are happy to escape the heat of Arizona and have a mild summer. I love going to new places. You have it even better because you don't have to move all of your stuff. You need to take full advantage of your babysitters while you are there. When do you move?

Mindy said...

P.S.
I heard you are in charge of getting everybody together for the 4th. Good luck with that...:)

Stephens Family said...

Ali, we move the second week of June. SOON! I have lots to do and 3 doctors appt. for Dylan the day before we leave. It is going to be NUTS! But, it should be fun. : ) And Minday, YES, I am in charge. I know, what was I thinking?? Really, it will be fine. I think I just put a post on my blog and send an email to who I know and then let the word get around. Here is the time and place, come if y'all want.

Deirdre Eagar said...

Emily- I love Oregon. We went on vacation there a couple years back. Hillsboro is beautiful. And lucky you, getting away in the aweful heat!! If want to come swimming before you leave-come on over!! We will miss you!!

Suzanne Donaldson-Stephens said...

We are really looking forward to your stay!!! Can't wait! It should be warm enough for you guys to swim - it actually was 100 degrees a few weeks ago which is out of the ordinary for this time of year - it is usually hottest in August.

Yes - of course - we are soo looking forward to 'babysitting' and weekend getaways are just what you guys need!!

It will be nice for our extended family and friends to see Dylan and how well he has healed.

Sorry that we won't be here the weekend of your arrival - we are going to our nephew's wedding in Idaho and to spend time with Curt's siblings. That will give you a chance to get settled in anyway.

Love ya much!

Amy said...

I might have to venture to portland on my own but I so hope I can make it up there for a couple of days it would be so fun to see you again.

Brea said...

WHAT THE HECK!!!! why am I the last to know this??? I didn't realize the WHOLE family was going!!! oh my gosh how fun!

Woods: said...

Oh good luck on the short move! We moved to New Mexico for two months in Nov. and had a great time! My hubby is going to be doing a rotation at Legacy Hospital in Portland in July! If he is real lonely and going crazy with no friends can I send him over your way? :) You guys will have a great adventure in Portland! I'll be in IF for the 4th, can I invite myself to the party? :)

Amberly said...

that is so great you guys! I'm a little bummed you'll be gone all summer, but lucky for you, it will still be warm enough to swim here when you get back! Have a great time exploring a new place- it will be great, keep in touch while you're gone!

Kim Rose said...

Yeah! Closer to home! I am looking forward to finally being able to see the Oregon cost. I am planning a trip.
Love you!