1. A much needed Sunday nap. Even if Dylan was jumping on me half the time, at least I got an hour or so in.
2. The phone. I really don't know how I would survive without being able to talk with my sisters all week long.
3. The miracle of Dylan. Lately, I find myself watching Dylan as he runs, plays, jumps, sleeps and can't help but think, things could have been very different for us. What an absolute blessing he is. I can't even begin to express my gratitude that our Father let him stay. I know so many stories where that just wasn't the case for others.
4. Today's youth speaker. She started off by saying, "...think of this...can you think of someone that is TRULY happy?" It made me think a lot. She then went on to tell a story of a man that was just never happy. If his food wasn't too cold, it was too salty. If it was too hot, it was too bland. Always something to complain about. He was just never happy. The problem was that he never took the time to look around and recognize his blessings and show gratitude! It was just a great reminder to me of the importance of being happy, no matter what the situation is. Not always easy. But, in every depth of darkness we find ourselves, there is always a speck of light, we just have to search for it. And with that, comes true happiness.
5. My awesome husband who is really, an AMAZING father! Who would have known? : )
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Five for Today
Posted by Stephens Family at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Great 5 for today! I am grateful for the phone too. I couldn't survive without my Sisters!
Sounds like a great talk! Thanks for sharing. Just those few words inspired me.
I love a good talk in church! When I was at Jenn's, the speaker really opened my mind and made me think!!
Post a Comment