Sunday, October 18, 2009

A week behind...

in true tradition and honoring of my Mom. Those that knew her, know she NEVER did things on time. B-day presents would come 4 months late, that check she said she was going to put in the mail, well, sometimes it would make it the next year. : ) So, I am just following her example by writing 1 week late on the 1 year anniversary of her passing.

Last Sunday was really hard for me. I just thought so much about how this past year has changed so much with my Mom being gone. All the things that have happened in my life that I haven't been able to call her and tell her about. I am sad that she won't be here to give me my hospital bag for baby #2. I am grateful though that I have had many tender moments where I have felt my Mom. I am certain that she was there when we had to amputate Dylan's little finger and that she watched over him. I have had many dreams where we have talked. They never seem to last long enough. I know she is busy!

To honor and remember my Mom that day, each of the grandkids wrote a note to Grandma. We put them up inside a balloon and released them all so they could fly on up to heaven and she could get them. The younger kids thought this was a brilliant beyond brilliant way to get Grandma some mail.

Those that live in Idaho Falls went to the cemetery and then Katie, Jenn and I and our families were home on speaker phone. 3-2-1 and we released them. It was pretty cool! Here are just a few pictures...



It was coooold in Idaho. I didn't get any pics of us here, but it was quite pleasant here. : ) Our balloons went forever in the cloudless blue clear sky.



This is the fall decorations on her headstone.

I know time is supposed to heal all wounds, but I don't know if losing your Mom is something you ever quite heal from. I miss her everyday!

7 comments:

Lindsay Renee' said...

congrats, emily on your newest addition. hope all is well with your family and you're enjoying your new place. talk to you soon!
lindsay

Chy said...

What a great way to remember her as a family. I've been thinking of you this week, you are such an amazing strength to those around you.

Amy said...

Sometimes it is best to post events like this a week late. It gives you time to enjoy the moment & then reflect on it & enjoy it again. I hope you continue to feel your mom close to you!

Genessa said...

What a neat idea! Your family is so AMAZING, I can't imagine how hard it would be.
Congrats on #2 no one deserves it more than you guys!!

Natalie said...

I don't think we will ever get over and fully heal.Just have to hug and comfort eachother a lot.

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Emily, that was so nice to do. I know she really loved it. Hang in there is about all I can say. I don't know if time makes it better, I just don't know. It is so difficult to have to go through. Thinking of you always~

The Flynn's said...

How did I miss this. I haven't checked your blog as much cause you haven't been updating lately. I like the cute new background though. All this chaos...it just sucks!