Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Idaho...NO, U-DA-HO...

Okay, I know...totally dorky and a bit inappropriate. But, I had to. : )

Anyway, we are have been busy busy the last couple days traveling to Utah and now Idaho. We arrived in Utah and spent a couple days with my sister Christie and her family! We had tons of fun! Friday was Cole's 12th birthday! HAPPY B-DAY COLE! Love ya dude! We went swimming and had a super yummy Jazz cake (even though the Jazz suck...YES, Mason family, that is right!). Pictures from that coming soon...

We then went to stay with my sister Jenn for a couple days. It was so fun to play games with the kids! One of the days we were at the park, Jenn had brought a water bowl for her dog. I think Dylan enjoyed it more than the dog did.



I did NOT tell him to do this! He gets it from Abby!




Monday, we went to Lagoon. Man, I have not been to Lagoon for 8 years...it sure has changed. Much better rides and oh boy, they were CrAzY! Of course, my nieces, nephews and Big D made me go on them all and I think I almost threw-up on more than one occasion! The craziest one we went on was called the Sky Coaster. It is pretty much like bungee jumping, but instead of falling straight down you feel like you are flying. You are pulled who knows how far into the air and then they say, "Three Two One, FLY..." and you pull the cord. Yeah, NUTS!

Getting ready and a bit nervous!


Flying high!


Let's just say we really had to use the restroom afterwards! Love ya Alyssa...thanks for risking your life with me!

Anyway, we are so happy to be home and enjoying our time with family. More pictures to come soon!

15 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

I LOVE DYLAN! That kid is hilarious. If he starts scratching and licking himself, I'm going to get nervous.

Chy said...

Hey give me a call when you have a spare minute...we should get together for dinner tonight or tomorrow. 509-386-6943 I almost peed my pants on the sky coaster! Its a crazy rush:)

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Aww cute pictures! How fun, we are going to take the kids there, maybe this weekend. I don't know about the flyin thing though, yikes! Looks like you guys had so much fun :) Have fun in Idaho! Bring your little guy a water bottle next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

ha ha....Michelle!! Jeesh..if only Em would give him water:)

Kim Rose said...

Emily is the coolest aunt ever! Even though she cheats at the I-tunes game. :)
Good times. Good times.
Oh.. and we are happy to have you HOME!

Rebecca said...

You're so brave... both for the skycoaster, and also for letting Dylan drink dog water... kidding! hahaha

DIAZ BLOG said...

Oh, we had dylan's best interest at heart....it was bottled water. so other then the fact that the dog did lap water from that bowl, it was nice,clean, fit for human beings water???? Isn't a dogs mouth clean anyway???
Em, I am missing you guys already. Only 3 weeks til you return! Woo Hoo
Jenn

Mindy said...

Can't wait to see you guys in a couple days!!! Tell your loser husband to keep pointy things away from my ears. I don't know why I always think about math class when I think about him, but I do!! We went to Lagoon last week for the first time since graduation, too. So fun! I didn't get to go on any "big people" rides, but just being there was fun. I'm kind of a Carnie- I go to the fair every day if I can. I'm cool like that.

Sandi said...

Love the dog dish picture! And yeah for you for jumping. Did you see my video jumping out of an airplane? Whoohoo. Grab life before it lets go of you.

Suzanne Donaldson-Stephens said...

Cute pictures! We miss you guys and are looking forward to your return!

Love ya!

Stace said...

Hey Emily, Thanks for visiting our blog, even if you were blog-hopping! :) Your baby boy is super handsome and I am so glad you are all doing well. We actually lived in Hillsboro for a bit (I did some of my schooling in Portland) - love it! Well, talk to you later and say hi to Katie for me! I haven't seen pictures of her cute girls for a while..... Love ya, Stacie

Mindy Barker said...

I remember going on that sky coaster on our senior trip with Amy Cook. She about broke my arms off because she was squeezing so tight. Anyway, it was good to see you. You look great. Still cute and petite. Love your hair. When summer is over I am definately going to try to do something similar. Hope that's okay! It's too cute not to.

Chy said...

YEAH ditto I LOVED your hair and Mindy Barkers.... hot momas!

Mindy said...

Emily,

So, I'm on this green tea kick and I remembered that you love green tea lemonade so I go to Starbucks and order a green tea lemonade. They start asking me, "do you want this, do you want that?" I told her just to make it like she would make it for herself, so she did it blended with sweetner- Large. Well it tasted so much like mint I couldn't even drink it. How do you order yours?

Mindy said...

So, do you have it blended? It was like Margarita consistency. I took it home and the kids wouldn't even drink it! I'll try it again...