Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Dearest Phoenix...I miss you!"



Okay...I really am grateful to have had this opportunity to live in a different place for a couple months, to explore new scenery, to be close to wonderful grandparents, to enjoy the cool, clean air but...I AM READY TO GO HOME!!

I am really starting to get homesick and sure do miss Phoenix. I miss the smell of the HOT air, the 5 lane freeways that allow traffic to flow smoothly (no offense Portland but your freeway system sucks and your traffic is ridiculous), the feeling of a cool pool on a hot day, our friends, our ward and most of all, MY BED!

Furnished apartments don't really of offer the highest class of mattresses and my back sure is starting to feel the pain.

Please don't get me wrong, we really have had a great time in Oregon. We have seen some amazing things, enjoyed the coast and most of all enjoyed our time with Brandon's dad and step mom. I know Dylan and Abby will be sad to say goodbye.

I guess I am just a Phoenix gal at heart and didn't realize how much I loved it until now.

11 comments:

Ashlee said...

We miss you too! We are excited to see you when you come back. Don't worrry - the heat will be waiting for you!

Amberly said...

yipee! maybe it took you leaving to realize how fabulous we are! oh, I mean, how fabulous it is here... can't wait to see you!

Natalie said...

I'm with ya on being home. I love to go away but after 2 weeks I want my own house and system.
love ya~

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I can relate in so many ways. I miss CA sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomuch. Even after almost 3 years here it just still doesn't feel quite like home :(

Suzanne Donaldson-Stephens said...

I like your new background! It's preppy meets classic. KEWL

Yes - the freeways here do suck - but in Phoenix you have so much flat land you can pour concrete pretty much anywhere LOL.

It always feels good to go home - we will miss you SOOOO MUCH! But we understand your desire to be home - we don't take offense. We have thoroughly enjoyed you guys and we are very thankful that we got to spend this precious time with you.

Maybe if I get some spare time I'll mail you some of my fantastic cookies. :)

P.S. Will you let Dylan know that we are waiting for him to update his blog?

Love ya!

The Flynn's said...

I don't blame you. I actually miss Phoenix too and I don't live there. Portland is really pretty but I know I couldn't handle the gloomy, rainy days all the time. I'm moody enough as it is. I need the sunshine to cheer me up.

DIAZ BLOG said...

I haven't "really" been to Phoenix for 20 years. My visit in March landed me a view of the hospital and the road from the hospital to your house. We did not so much as stop for gas that week so I need another visit to actually "see" the city. I remember loving it when I was young but I have to say it is really HOT. If I had a pool I think I would be OK

Chy said...

It does sound awesome in fact it makes me want to take a vacation there! Its always hard to be out of routine, and I HATE being away from my bed also! Hang in there you'll be back in no time:)

Kim Rose said...

I don't blame you. You have been living out of a suitcase for months! Plus... you need to get home so I can come see you! Not too much longer! I will bring my suit.Yippee!

Carling Family said...

That picture of Arizona is awesome. It is no fun living out of a suitcase. I bet you had an awesome time the first week but then you really start missing home. When do you leave? Loved your comments on my blog. We had so many great times together. I miss hanging out with you!

Scrap Happy said...

We miss you too!