Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Need a recommendation

So, I am definitely one of those parents that can totally admit....I really have zero clue what I am doing. I mean, Dylan has survived and I guess I have done some things right, but as he is getting older, I just want to make sure I am on the "right" path. I do believe every child is different and no one path works for each child, but I know there are some good parenting books out there that offer some good advice on discipline, introducing toddler to baby #2 (NO, I AM NOT ANNOUNCING ANYTHING BUT MAYBE SOON....), potty training, etc. etc. I just want Dylan to be as happy as can be, I want to be happy, I want to make sure we are doing all we can to develop and keep good habits. You get it. So, all you awesome parents out there...what do you recommend I keep my eye of for on my next trip to Barnes & Noble while Dylan enjoys the Thomas table?

7 comments:

Amy said...

A book that I really love and I think just gives great guidlines along with church principals is Mothering With Spiritual Power. It is by Debra Sansing Woods it gives Book of Mormon Inspirations for a raising a righteous family. I loved it.

Sandi said...

The Book of Mormon :-). He will learn all about choice and consequence.

Amy said...

I've read/listened to some of the Love & Logic books. I like the premise & find that it is usually something I can work within on a consistent basis. Other than that...lots of prayers! :)

Natalie said...

No books, just advice from your sisters and other Mom's who have no clue either. We're all just figuring this out along the way. I guess some advice I can give ya is to be consistant or kids will walk all over you. Oh and have a strict bedtime so you can unwind and reconnect with hubby. Good luck, gosh you are such a bad parent, sheeh.jk

Scrap Happy said...

Three words. Love and Logic.

DIAZ BLOG said...

I really don't know what book I would reccomend. I am sure there are many out there that you can take bits and peices from and come up with a plan that works for you. Just remember to be VERY consistant...kids will pick up on inconsistancy faster then you can say boo.... and don't be so hard on yourself. Mom's have a tendency to do that. WE MUST STOP IT!!! :)

The Flynn's said...

Just give in, it's so much easier! :) Just kidding but I really like the Super Nanny book. She has lots of great ideas.