Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Something has had to give...

and it has been the blog. I literally haven't had a moment to sit down and update since we got back from Idaho a few weeks ago. Michael came back with us so we were busy and then it was off to cheer camp. It has been crazy! Nevertheless, I have a quick moment, so you are getting the short version of what we've been up to.

Idaho/Utah....was, well, quite honestly a hard trip this time. Of course we love spending time with family, but Idaho is just different with my Mom gone. There is so much there that reminds me of her. I hate being at her house knowing she is gone. It was a high stress situation for us all. Not to mention, Dylan just had a hard time this trip. He missed Daddy, I missed Daddy, he didn't sleep well...it was a long 2 weeks.

But, we did manage to have some fun including the family reunion (which I made to only 1 day...did I mention I was sick almost the entire trip), Leo's Place of course (um, a great babysitter for Dylan!), hanging with cousins, catching up with friends, the 4th, and just being together. A few pics from the trip (okay, the only ones I took actually......)



My Mom's headstone. It turned out so nice. I hated being there but really felt her when I visited. I miss her so much!



Katie's little girl Olivia got her ears pierced. She was so brave and didn't even cry!



I just think this picture is cute. Dylan just loves all of his aunts, uncles and cousins!



Of course Dylan would be the first grandkid to get into the pond at my parents house with his clothes on I might add. Such a boy!

Michael came back from Idaho with us and stayed for about 2 weeks. Oh how nice it was to have him here. He is sooooooo good with Dylan and Dylan just thinks Michael is the coolest thing EVER.

First things first is we went to the Keith Urban concert. OH. MY. GOSH. Keith is sooooooo dang hot and amazing in concert. It was so much fun!



Dylan has to help me cook everything. He is actually pretty careful.



And of course we swam every single day!



Michael is too cool! : )



Oh wait, maybe not...



Thanks Micheal for coming! You rock!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

hey wait a sec, you need to post pics of the house ya dork.

Natalie said...

"me", is Natalie btw:)

Mieko said...

still wana read your blog! my email is mieks18@hotmail.com love and miss you guys!!!! come to boise next time!

Kim Rose said...

What the heck? What is Michael sitting in? I will e-mail those other pics! Love you!

Carling Family said...

Looks like you had fun in Idaho. I am sure it is hard to go home with your mom being gone. Your place looks super cute and I love your pool. You are probably going to have alot more people coming to visit you now!

DIAZ BLOG said...

hey you need to email me the one with Dylan and I. I LOVE it! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!

The Flynn's said...

You really should get permission first to post ugly pictures of me. Rude! Could I look any greasier? I demand you take it off your blog. Do it, now. :)