Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Greatest Gift

My heart is very full. I did pretty good today. I held back the tears. I enjoyed time with friends.

But, tonight as I was trying to get Dylan to bed, I could not help but cry. He was having a hard time settling down and falling asleep. So, I opened my blog and let the soft music play, picked his little body into my arms, and we just danced. This is something I did all of the time after his accident. He would have a hard time getting comfortable and so I would just rock him to music and he would fall asleep in my arms.

It isn't very comfortable, he is a heavy little guy. But, as I rocked him back and forth and as I felt his body become relaxed and his breathing get heavy, I just could not help but feel so over joyed. Tears of happiness and gratitude streaming down my face.

Oh how blessed and grateful I am to be a Mother. I truly cannot express the happiness that it brings me. The satisfaction I feel each day.

The little things...Dylan giving me a big wet kiss, his hysterical laugh when you tickle or chase him, watching him sleep, seeing him grow, hearing him greet Abby every time we walk in the door with a HEYYYYY and a big kiss and hug.

I have always believed that these kids of ours are really only on loan. And I have a great responsibility to love, nurture, teach and care for my little Child of God.

I have thought today about those Mom's out there that have lost their precious child who have been called home. I can't imagine what Mother's Day is like for them. I want you all to know how grateful and blessed I am to have Dylan still with me. I know, because he wasn't called home over a year ago, that he has great things to accomplish in this life. And that I, as his mom, have a great responsibility to make sure whatever that is, I am there to support him.

There is no relationship that can compare to that with your Mother. I know my Mom is with her Mom today and I am so happy for her. I hope she had a beautiful day. I believe she did. I love you Mom!

I would have rocked Dylan all night if I could have. But, as I put him down in bed, he held on to my neck. He would not let me go. He just held on. This was a night I will always remember. What a joyous day!

9 comments:

Ben & Jessica said...

such a cute story...thanks for sharing! you are such a great mom!

Kim Rose said...

Those are the moments that make it all worth it when he has floaded your living room or is attempting to sit inside the washing machine. You are a good Mama Em. I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hey Em! That is such a sweet blog! I love capturing those little moments too. I also like your Power Thoughts, my Mother-in-law is really into stuff like that, it really works! I also loved your pictures of the Suns game with Brandon, I love doing stuff like that, we are Laker Fans, it makes it fun! Anyway, keep in touch about coming this summer, it would be great to plan a get together! Jules

Kate and Cole said...

I do the same thing. We are so so so lucky to have them. Being a mom is the greatest!

Ryan and Krystal said...

Hey Cute girl! Such a cute post. I was thinking about you on Sunday wondering how you were doing. I am sure it was a hard day, but you are so strong. I am so grateful too that Mr D is still around. He will do great things in this life and he will have you as a mother to thank.

Sandi said...

A great day to put in your box and keep for ever.

Natalie said...

I see primary president in your future, you have a lot of patience and love for kids.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love the way you put stuff, you make me cry in a good way though. Thanks.
Chy or aka whats for dinner haa haa sorry I was to lazy to log out :0D

The Flynn's said...

Awww, Em! Miss you so much!