Since we will be on the road tomorrow and unfortunately I cannot get wireless in my car, I wanted to post my Flashback tonight.
So, I know how everyone has "their song"...well, Brandon and I have always been a little different. We have "our movies" (Wayne's World and Back to the Future...another post for another day) and "our city." That would of course be VEGAS!!! It really is special to us since that is where Brandon proposed to me!
I was going to Vegas for the USA Partner Stunting National Competition with BSU and Brandon decided to come on his own to support me. I remember my best friends saying he was going to propose and of course, I was hopeful, but wasn't 100% positive. It was February of our Junior year and we had been together for 3 years.
Anyway, we had been there for a couple days when Brandon told me we were going out for a fancy date. We got all dressed up. He took me to the Paris Hotel, which is my favorite. We headed over to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant and he told me that is where we were eating. I was SO excited. I have wanted to visit Paris forever and always said it would be so romantic to get married there! We checked in downstairs and then we were escorted to the restaurant at the top of the tower. Our seats were incredible, overlooking the Belagio and the beautiful water show. It was so cool. I remember the food was so good and fancy. It really was amazing.
Well, we were done with dinner and no proposal. Hmmm. I wasn't sure what to think, but knew Brandon well enough that he wasn't going to stand up in the middle of dessert and pop the question. But, we were done with dinner and I thought the date was over, so I wasn't sure what to think.
We headed back downstairs and Brandon said he had to go to the box office for something. What?! He came back and took my hand back to the elevator. What!? He then told me we were going to the very top of the tower to see the view of Vegas. On the elevator ride up, the guy in the little outfit told us all about the Eiffel Tower and how it compares to real one in Paris. I don't remember a word he said. At this point, I knew what was happening, but tried not to give it away too much.
We got to the top of the tower and boy, was the view spectacular. We just stood there holding each other (it was actually pretty cold), taking in the beauty. I so vividly remember Brandon standing behind me and all of a sudden, his arms were around me with a shiny diamond ring in front of me. He whispered in my ear, "you know how you always said it would be romantic to get married in Paris...well, how about engaged?" Of course, I couldn't say YES fast enough!! He put the ring on my finger and the rest was history.
It was such a perfect proposal and engagement. I know that Vegas is technically Sin City, but to us, it is OUR CITY!! We love it and Brandon, I love you! 
This was the following night after our engagement. The ring was actually about 2 sizes too big. I remember having to carry my hand in a fist the whole time to make sure it didn't fall off. Especially since my hands were cold. I was SO nervous I was going to lose it. : /
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Flashback THURSDAY
Posted by Stephens Family at 11:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
You are going to have to stop posting about all the TOTALLY AWESOME things Brandon does for you, or his head might get even bigger (if that's possible!) I'm joking. We've always know Brandon is awesome. Have a blast in Vegas and Happy Birthday. I will always remember your bday now because it's Jordy Sue's bday, too!
Oh! that is so stinkin sweet! I had no idea Brandon was the romantic type. That was a great memory:)Oh and I think it totally fine if your hubby has a big head about loving his wifee!
I didn't know you were high school sweethearts. This proposal should go down in the record of great proposals.
Happy Birthday! I am horrible about remembering birthdays but I am happy to say that I did not forget yours. I hope you have a wonderful day. That was such an amazing proposal. I don't think you ever told me how he proposed. It was so fun to read. Brandon is quite the romancer, he is a keeper. Your posts are always so fun to read. You are an excellent writer.
Happy birthday!! Man, you snatched a good one. Bryan suprised me with tickets to cirqua de solei in Vegas for our 2nd aniversary and it was so amazing. The beatles show would be so neat, I am completely jealous. Have tonz of fun!!
Brandon did a good job planning your proposal! See he can be fun...ha ha. Oh he will be mad at me now. I hope you have a blast in Vegas! I sent some new family pictures with Kim for you and Christie, so remind her to give them to ya.
Love ya!
Em, how fun to read your engagement story. Brandon definatly saves all the good stuff for you! Can he give my hubby tips.j/k. Hope you have a great B-day and we do need to get together it's wierd that I havn't seen you in like five years but seems just like yesterday we were in highschool.
I remember how excited you were. Great job Brandon! He surprises us every once in a while.
Have fun at your show! Dylan will be just fine. Katelyn will keep him busy!
What a cutie! I totally love that story! Hope you have a great weekend. Can't wait to see the pictures
How sweet!!! I just sent you an email so check your junk mail, my address is jamie_leigh_21@hotmail.com
I cant wait to hear from you!
Cute post! Keep on posting what comes from your heart! You never know - it might touch somebody else and some might learn from it. :)
It's funny that you posted about Vegas and I posted about Vegas too. It's a special place for us too since we got married there. :)
Looking forward to a post and pictures from your Birthday Trip. :)
p.s. When is Dylan going to update his blog?
Love ya all much!
p.s. I like the new 'green' look. :P
I was nervous about the ring too...:)
Love, Terri
Post a Comment