Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hello from Oregon!

Well, we made it and are starting to get settled. Brandon made the 20 hour drive with Abby to Oregon Wednesday and Thursday and then Dylan and I flew here on Friday. I was soooo nervous to fly...even though Dylan and I have flown...I don't even know how many times just the 2 of us, but I still get pretty much sick every time. The ticket to a smooth flight this time was that Dylan had his very own seat. He thought that was the coolest thing EVER! Anyway, he did awesome and only fussed a bit. WHEW!!!!

We arrived Friday evening. As we walked out of the terminal, Dylan saw Daddy from across the way. He literally about jumped out of the stroller. I got him out and he ran into his Daddy's arms. I don't think seeing him that excited to see his Daddy will ever get old. It was so sweet.

Anyway, we took the Max (the light rail train here) out to Hillsboro. There is a stop literally right in front of our apartment. Pretty cool.

Then, Dylan and Abby finally got to see each other! Abby about killed us jumping on us and Dylan just kept saying "Ab Ab Ab." Ah, sibling love!!

So, we have spent the last couple days getting settled. Our apartment is cute and cozy. We have everything we need to make it pretty comfortable. The town of Hillsboro is what we like to call very "yuppie." I LOVE it!! Lots of cute little shops and great character. They have Fred Meyer here which is very exciting to me since they don't have them in Phoenix AND the best of all...there is a Baskin Robbins just 5 minutes away! OOOOH YEAH!!!

So, we are doing great and enjoying being Oregonians for a bit. I'll post some pics soon!

Love ya all!

11 comments:

Kim Rose said...

Yes! Post pics!
I can't wait to come visit!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yea!! glad you made it!! You will love Hillsboro...very yuppie, as you say...perfect description!! I loved living there (even if it did rain EVERYDAY!!) but, that was winter, and you are living there in their wonderful summers!! enjoy your fun adventure!! I'm pretty sure your apartments are not too far from our old house...I remember the apartments right by the Max stop....nice!! Enjoy!!

The Flynn's said...

Hey, that was my brilliant idea to get Dylan his own seat. A little credit please! :) Now I feel even further away from you. Come see us!

Amy said...

Glad you made it. What a fun little few months to live somewhere else and experience something new.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you're all moved in and cozy~ now hurry and get to I.F. so we can play.
Love ya

Amberly said...

it sounds delightful!! I wish I could walk the "yuppie" shops with you! I'm glad you're getting settled, keep us posted!

Chy said...

WOW! 20 hours, seriously thats a LONG drive. Good thing you and Dylan hitched a ride on a plane!!! GOOD CHOICE! Hope you guys are having so much fun in a new little town!

Ryan and Krystal said...

Hey Em!

I am so glad that you made it safley! Sounds like you had a long trip. Sorry I didn't text you back. We were in IF from Friday until Monday night. We had a family reunion and then a funeral. So yeah, just trying to get back into the swing of things. Are you loving OR so far? I am sure it is really pretty there! How is everything else going? Hope all is well! Love you!

Ryan and Krystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

I was watching the video AGAIN of playing hide and seek and playing on the slide. We need video of his laugh even if its just a courtesy laugh..:)
Love, Nana