Man, I knew this summer was going to be busy...and I was right!! I have completely neglected my blog because 1. seriously, zero time and 2. I have had some pretty deep things going on in my head that I have thought about blogging about like what it means to be a true friend and how the heck to raise a stubborn 2-year-old that was born with this pure stubbornness combined with having ants in his pants. Or putting into words how wonderful of a father Brandon is or why Dylan's surgery in August is completely freaking me out...but every time I sit down to discuss such lengthy topics, I end up getting pulled away. Anyway, for now I'll just give ya a brief version of what we've been up to...
1. PACKING...nope, not for another vacation (I wish) but for our move! Yep, you read that right. We moved. To Chandler. For you non-locals, Chandler is a suburb of Phoenix. It is located Southeast of the city. This is where we actually started out living in our apartment when we first moved to AZ and loved it here. We really missed being on this side of town. Brandon works out here. It was just a better place for us. So, we found a great house that is twice the size and in this market, half the cost. We are definitely going to miss the many friends that we made in our ward and I am sure we will making trips back to the old area for play dates and swimming at the Robinsons.
2. Getting ready for girls camp - ummmm, yah. I really am excited to be going to girls camp as an assistant YCL leader/cabin mom. It just came at a crazy time. I didn't expect that we would be moving this soon. So, I have lots to do to make sure I am ready to keep a bunch of teenage girls entertained, happy and getting along in our cabin. Hmmmm.
3. Been doing lots of swimming already at the new house. Our very own pool. I don't know who likes it better...Dylan or Abby. I know the hair is not good for the filter, but when it's 100 degrees outside and we are cooling off, excluding Abby would just be mean. Plus, seeing her and Dylan swim together is priceless.
4. Cheer cheer and cheer...camp is around the corner, gotta make sure I get all of their stuff ordered, car washes (did I mention it is 100 degrees...). There is always something to do.
5. Dylan - oh Dylan. This guy keeps me a runnin'. He gets things out faster than I can put them away. He wants to be outside all day and doesn't seem to mind the beating sun. He has recently gotten into bugs and thinks it's soooo funny if he sees a cricket or even better, a lizard. We actually caught a little baby gecko the other day under a glass. He just sat there and looked at it saying, "HIIIIII lizard!" Him and Abby are always getting into something keeping me going.
6. Going to Idaho...for over 2 weeks sans the husband. Good thing I have lots of nieces and nephews to help chase he monkey. I am so looking forward to the 4th at the river and the Toombs family reunion. Hooray!
Alright, I started this post a few hours ago, but in between Dylan wanting to swim and the pest guy, I am just getting done. See what I mean. Now Dylan is napping so I better go be productive. : )
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Just trying to keep up...
Posted by Stephens Family at 9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
a pool at the new place,eh!? awesome. we are already inviting ourselves over for a swim. will miss you and brandon like crazy. it's been wonderful getting to know your family better and better. looking forward to our next game and treat night. mid july, love you, lindsay
Yeah! You're in our neck of the woods now!! We have to get together soon!
Oh my goodness just reading that post made me tired. You are so crazy busy, but your very organized so I am sure it's all going good. I need to come visit a pool so fun. Good Luck with everything.
We will miss you guys for sure. You are one of the best RS teachers I've listened to, and learned from, in a while. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.
Gonna miss you guys! I am so jealous - you failed to mention the tiny factor of your OWN pool!
wahoo for you coming!! Can't wait!
waiting for pics of the house and pool with and Abby and Dylan in it...or at least make sure and bring some to Idaho...Can't wait to see you...Did you get my phone message about a play date with Jess for her sweet 16? Call me...
Love ya!!!!!
I am so excited for you to come home. I have been counting down the days. I can't wait to come down there and see the new place. Love you! Call me when you get home from camp!
You are one busy woman! I hope your move goes smooth and girls camp. I hope to see you in Idaho but if not we will meet up at Seven Peaks. Can't wait to see ya!
Hey Emmy,
Thanks for the update :) Enjoy your trip to Idaho seeing family and friends. Miss Ya!
Much Love!
XOXO
Post a Comment