Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's been a looooong haul...

When I found out I was pregnant, I was truly sooooo excited. Brandon and I had decided exactly when we wanted to start trying and lucky for us, we were blessed to get pregnant right away. The timing was perfect. Dylan turned 3 in November, baby will be born in April. Love it!

Well, the first 19 or so weeks were eh, hard! I was super duper sick and just could not seem to feel like myself. So tired, could hardly keep anything down, tired some more. My pregnancy with Dylan was pretty smooth sailing so I have to admit, I was a little frustrated. But, it was okay. It is all worth it.

At my 19 week ultrasound, we found out that we were going to add another little monkey boy to this family! We were also told that I have placenta previa. Um, what the heck is that, I ask. My doctor (well, actually, my doctor wasn't there that day so it was a dr. I hadn't seen before) tells me no worries. Your placenta just isn't where is should be but it will most likely move. She doesn't say anything about taking it easy for a while, the chance of bleeding, nothing. So, I don't worry.

It is a few weeks before Christmas and as you all know, I was busy busy like everyone else in the world. Cheer, games, cheer party, shopping, post office runs, getting ready for Portland, etc. etc.

We have a very early flight to Portland on Sunday, Dec. 20th. We literally ran through the airport to make our flight. Bags, carrying Dylan, security, you get it.

That night I started to not feel very well. I was super hot and feeling queasy. I slept okay. Dylan wakes up at 5 am so I am trying to get him to fall back asleep. Then, I started bleeding...um, not good!

Sooooo, looooong story short, I was told that the previa was a complete and that I had to stay in the hospital for a few days and was now on bed rest! BED REST...AT 22 WEEKS! Are. you. kidding. me. How the heck am I supposed to be on bed rest with a 3 year old and no family in town?

So, we decided it would just be best for us to stay in Portland. Brandon's dad and Suzanne are there, Dylan is very comfortable with them and if I start to bleed again, I may end up in the hospital for good.

After a few weeks, and no bleeding and me really getting the hang of "bed rest", we decided to come on home. I am sooooo appreciative of my in-laws for the help, but I am more comfortable in my own home. If any of you have ever been on bed rest, you know what I mean. I just needed my own bed and own things. Brandon is working completely from home so he is here to help with Dylan and definitely minimize my responsibilities. No grocery shopping or laundry for me until baby comes...YES! : ) Gotta find the silver lining.

So, for now, we are taking this day-by-day. I have a new doctor here that is a specialist and I like him. 90% chance I will have a c-section at about 37 weeks. I am a bit nervous about that, but will do whatever is needed to get this little guy here safe and sound.

Please just pray that we have no more scary episodes and that I can stay in my home and rest.

Again, I do want my in-laws to know how much we appreciate them and all they did for us while we were there. Dylan is such a grandpa's boy and grandma was so great about taking Dylan out and about to cafe sip-n-play.

AND, last but not least...a few pictures...

3D picture! I do think they are kinda weird, but still fun! CrAzY!



Christmas day in Porland. 22 weeks.



Today! Almost 25 weeks. : )

16 comments:

Brea said...

BED REST???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? that is seriously the scariest thing ever! I am so sorry you are going through that. But I am happy to hear that Brandon is being such a big helper! I am sure everything will be A-OK! and the little monkey will be just PERFECT:)

p.s. I think our hair is the same right now... funny!:)
p.s.s. you look SUPER cute prego!:) So jealous... Wish I was!

Anonymous said...

oh em!! what a scary thing to go through! But I am so glad that you and that sweet baby are doing better. And can I just say, you make THE cutest preggo girl!! Good luck with bedrest!! And honestly...don't be scared about the idea of a c-section. I had one with my 2nd and will be having one on Monday with this little guy...it really isn't as bad as everyone says! I actually had a lot better recovery with a c-section than the other!! So..don't stress about that!! :) Good luck with everything and keep us posted!!

Rebecca said...

Ok, so only 11 more weeks of bed rest to go... I'm thinking girl's night once a week at your place. Dylan and Brandon can head to my house and I'll head to yours with a movie and dinner. Sounds like a plan!

Kim Rose said...

You are so cute with your little prego belly! So glad you are home. Love you soooooooooooooooooo much!!!! The 3D pic is weird. They freak me out a bit but are so amazing. He looks like he has your face shape. Love it!
Love you!
Time to start planning my next trip!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness he looks just like Dylan!! Those 3D ultrasounds are pretty cool~ I am happy you are feeling better and staying positive!! Just "keep swimming" as Dory sais!! YOU CAN DO IT!! And the the no vacuming thing is a plus right? SAWEET!
XOXOXO

The Halls said...

I'm glad you are doing okay, take it easy and way to look at the positive! You look great, too, what's better than that? You can do this, just take one day at a time and remember every day that baby stays in is a good day for him (even if it's not for you). You'll do fine with the c-section, don't fret over it now, take it when it comes. Good luck and I wish I could help you somehow!!

Ben & Jessica said...

dang you crazy girl, you better stay put! glad to hear everything is going ok now:) I am glad I havent had anything like that because I need to work. anyways, if you have him a few weeks early, we might have our babies on the same day! (although my doc said I am a bit ahead of schedule:)

ps- LOVE your 24 countdown!

The Flynn's said...

I like your hair!!! And the believe thing, was that Mom's? Bed rest will certainly have it's disadvantages but...just think TEMPORARY!!!

Flynn Fam 6 said...

So glad you made your trip safely! Best wishes to you during your bed rest time, sucks I bet! Can't wait to see your new little guy!

DIAZ BLOG said...

It sure has been a crazy month for you! I am so glad you are home safe and sound and looking forward to seeing you soon. I never did the bed rest thing...the medication worked fine for me. Thank goodness. You will have to read a lot. I will get those books mailed on Monday...still waiting for the car to get finished!

Amy said...

Well at least you have found the good things about bed rest ya for no laundry. You do look cute and so little. Hang in there and hopefully it all goes well from here your in my prayers. Seriously you should watch glee I think it would highly lift your spirits :)!

lexie said...

What a bummer. But better to be safe then sorry. Glad that Brandon is able to work from home. It would be impossible to be on bed rest with your little monkey!!

Stace said...

Emily, You are a darling preggers! I hope all goes well. Listen to your doc and hang in there! Stacie

Chy said...

Oh Emily you are always so positive and such and awesome example! I hope the last 10-15 weeks go smooth. That's AWESOME that Brandon can work from home! Holy cow, what a blessing.

Lindsay Renee' said...

glad to finally see you post. i wanted to say something for awhile...ever since we talked to brandon back around christmas. glad you are doing a bit better and that you can rest comfortably in your own snuggy bed! talk to you soon, miss you all!

Carling Family said...

You look great in all your pictures! I am so sorry you have to go through this hard scary time. You are such a tough little chick. I am glad you made it back home safely. The picture of the baby look amazing. You have one awesome husband and it is great to hear he is helping you so much. Take it easy! Wish I was there to help you!